The oldest part of Vor Frue church is the sidewall from the tower to the transepts. Thus part of the church is from the end of the Roman period and is built of brick. In late-Gothic times the original Roman chancel was pulled down and replaced by the present chancel. At the same conversion the transepts to the north and south were added to the church. Also the vaults of the church come from this conversion. Later the porch on the south side and the tower to the west were built. The tower got tis double lantern spire in 1768.