The Silence of the Sound
The Silence of the Sound is the first of BaggårdTeatret’s dramatized audio tales. We call this genre Invisible Theater. It is a brand new way of doing theatre and a new way of telling the cultural history of our region.
You comprise the audience as you follow the route from the Maritime Center in Svendborg harbor to Bertolt Brecht’s house at Skovsbostrand 8. The walk is six kilometers long ad you will listen to The Silence of the Sound as you go. You will be able to get your bearings from the map in this folder. Follow our red AudioWalk signs, keep your phone in your pocket and enjoy the tour. Some of the walk will be quiet - the sound will come as you enter a new GPS zone. If you need it, use the GPS map in the app to find your way.
This piece of Invisible Theater will put you on the trail of six writers who live or once lived in Svendborg. You will start by meeting Josefine Ottesen, Mikael Josephsen and Jesper Wung-Sung, three present-day authors. You will then enter the kingdom of the dead, where Karin Michaëlis, Tom Kristensen and Bertolt Brecht will be brought back to life to accompany you on part of your journey.
The show is about Sydfyn as a place of refuge and about finding peace, about finding some place to let go and to approach the waters of the Sound. It is about using the pen as an escape, and about forging your own history, stride by stride, word by word. “To gain a foothold”, “To find your feet” – what do these phrases mean? What life path is yours? Which choices did you make by yourself? Which did you really inherit? Are you ready to take the first step? Alright then, let’s go!
What to do
- Download the BaggaardTeatret App
- Buy The Silence of the Sound walk (79 DKK / 10 Euro)
- Allow the App to use GPS and notifications always
- Take your earpods along
- Start The Silence of the Sound and do the 2,5 hour tour
- Use the GPS-map in the App if you get lost
- At the end of the walk make your own way back into town by bus or taxi
- We recommend that you do the walk in daylight, in sturdy footwear, and with water to drink. Suitable from 16 years
Have fun walking