The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and its oldest parts - the Roman nave and choir - is thought to have been buildt 1150 - 1200. The building material is granit ashlars.
The church was extended abt. 1500 eastward with a new choir. The porch to the the south and the tower at the western end stem from the same period.