Skårup church was dedicated to John the Baptist. The church original nave is built in Roman style. The walls are of travertine and rest on a granite base. In 1470 a nave choir and an extension of the nave in Gothic style were built. The tower in the werstern end of the church and the porch in the south side were added later. In 1754 the church was further extended northwards and called "Skårupøre Church"